posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Underpowered Johnson 50

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 06:38:08 -0700 (PDT), Michael D
wrote:

Went up to a friends place to help him with the boat and the engine is
running way underpowered from where it normally is. When we are going
full throttle it is only acting like a 20hp. I checked the plugs,
neither look corroded, just looks like they have some oil on them.
Checked what I assumed was the throttle just making sure the levers
and stuff were moving their full range. The engine doesn't sound like
it is struggling, and it's not getting as loud as it should when we
open it up, it just basically acting like a 20.\
Thanks in advance!

When having engine trouble I always go down to the station and get
some "fresh" gasoline. surprisingly that often fixes the problem.

Apparently the modern gasoline is not quite as good as the gas we used
to get :-)
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)