Default OT health care

On Apr 16, 3:48*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:26:40 -0700, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
Interesting about the stabilize and transport model... just curious where he
thinks they get transferred to? Some places have been "transporting" people
to skid row.

In DC it was DC General;. In Lee County it is Lee Memorial, both
government supported hospitals. Basically it still comes back on the
taxpayer.
The real question is where will they go when they do get their
Medicaid this year? Probably the same place.
The real question is, what's cheaper, letting the hospital eat the
bill and put it on the government tab or create a whole insurance
bureaucracy to pay them through the normal channels?

BTW did you watch Frontline this week?
They did a show on the back room dealing in this health care bill and
pointed out the senate bill was really written by 2 former United
Health Care lobbyists who went around the revolving door and work for
the government now. It is no surprise how things came out

Check it out on the PBS.ORG web site. Called "Obama's Deal".

Frankly I think we could save a whole lot from the administrative
costs and returning insurance back to the non-profit state. Right now
we have two layers of profit and two layers of administrative costs
coming out of every health care dollar.