Bill McKee Bill McKee is offline

Default Grill for pontoon.

"Tim" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 4:34 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 04:15:08 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I've seen lots of gas grills mounted on pontoons, but it seems nobody
knows where they came from. Not saying that they aren't, but I've
looked around the 'net and didn't see anything that was pedestal
mounted for this type of application. So what... do i make one? I
refuse to use charcoal on a boat.

I had one of those $30 portable gas grilles on my boat for a few years
when we were picnicking out at the beach. I had 2 pieces of 1/2" EMT
(thin wall conduit) with 90s bent into it screwed into the bottom to
hold the thing up and it dropped into PVC pipes fastened outboard of
the rail so the cooker was over the water.
That way grease and flaming stuff was not landing on the rug.

I know this is store bought, but something like this?

http://www.opentip.com/Sporting-Good...-p-667550.html

Magma makes the top end boat grills. But they are top end prices. Just
build a couple brackets like Greg and save a couple hundred.