Tim Tim is offline

Default Grill for pontoon.

On Apr 15, 8:17*am, anon-e-moose wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Apr 15, 7:01 am, wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 04:15:08 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:
I've seen lots of gas grills mounted on pontoons, but it seems nobody
knows where they came from. Not saying that they aren't, but I've
looked around the 'net and didn't see anything that was pedestal
mounted *for this type of application. *So what... do i make one? *I
refuse to use charcoal on a boat.
West Marine has 'em. *I've had one of these for years, except mine's
charcoal.http://tinyurl.com/ykelrbx

Or you can get a portable table top model at Walmart for $25-$35 and
just plan to throw it away every year.

Rick

I have a phobea of using charcoal on a boat, even a pontoon. Ambers
etc, fire up timeetc, but I may end up going that route.

Rick, I'd seen these with the pedestal mount which is similar to the
link Harry posted.

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xca...2//t_12339.jpg

but it really doesn't ahve to be that elaborate. After all we're going
where fish poop, and not a gala outing at the yacht club.

But this is too cheap though....

http://lemaysgrill.com/wp-content/up...ble-gas-grill-...

Besides, I wanted something that could be at least semi permanantly
mounted in case you get hit in the side by a wake and don't want a
grill (especially charcoal) sliding off onto the deck. Greasy burgers
are one thing, hot coals are another.

I did have a *small, hooded aluminum gas grill several years ago on
our back porch and it was pedestal mounted and on rollers, which could
have been easily modified, but I tossed it long ago because I got
tired of buying burner inserts every year.

You'll probably like this one. It's plenty hot, stingy on propane, won't
rust away on you. Can be clamped to a table. You would rather have a
pedastal table than a single purpose BBQ stand wouldn't you?http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...86002&lang...- Hide quoted text -

Well, I might have to concede to the idea of something like that...