felton

Default Offshore cruiser questions

On 29 Jan 2004 18:54:09 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

felton, I gather you have grey hair and a USPS **Blue** uniform, and teach
newbies how to put on PFDs and hit rocks in foggy channels with a compass.

fleton, go sailing.

No uniform for me, although my hair is "prematurely grey" Perhaps I
just enjoy learning. I have taken classes through the Power Squadron
and believe I have gotten something out of them. Same with a Coast
Guard Aux course, J World, Colgate's Offshore Sailing School and
anything else I can find to sign up for. I gathered that Wendy's
sailing was as a newbie. I seem to remember there is a vast
difference between "crewing" and actually sailing. For someone who is
looking to actually cruise, it seemed like a valuable use of time to
me. Besides, I have a standing invitation to cruise in Turkey with a
fellow squadron member who has a boat over there. A nice side
benefit