Wendy

Default Offshore cruiser questions

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
You might also
consider joining the US Power Squadron.

yuk!

Yah, I'm not much of a joiner. Got involved with the local EAA chapter a
while back- went to one meeting; it was a bunch of retired airline pilots
with loads of cash to blow on airplane projects. I didn't fit in too well
While I am certainly no expert on sailboats, I'm kinda figuring I'll
just buy one and spend a year or so learning how to sail it. I think a lot
of these canned classes are simply designed as an introduction to a boat and
little more (other than money-makers); designed for people who want to do
something different over a weekend. That may be an over-generalization,
though. I feel that the "well here she is, she's yours, now what the hell
are you going to do?" approach, while drastic, will probably yield the best
results. Should be a lot of fun as well.

Yanno, when I got off the motor yacht (MV Little Cayman Diver II, there are
websites out there with pics), I swore I would never live on another boat.
Maybe waiting on guests hand and foot soured me on boats; I once did sixteen
weeks straight without a day off and simply got sick of it. That said, I
can't help but think that my own boat would be a different situation...

Wendy (at work and bored)