JAXAshby

Default Offshore cruiser questions

felton, I gather you have grey hair and a USPS **Blue** uniform, and teach
newbies how to put on PFDs and hit rocks in foggy channels with a compass.

fleton, go sailing.

Or, I suppose Wendy could just go straight to the oracle of all
knowledge, Jax, who believes that all one need do to answer any
question is to call the physics department of the local community
college. Did I say oracle? I meant orifice.

On 29 Jan 2004 18:36:36 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

You might also
consider joining the US Power Squadron.

yuk!

Lots of good courses,

nope.

very
reasonably priced,

cheap, maybe, but WAY overpriced for what you get.

nd you will meet others who have boats and will
probably be more than happy to share their boats and their experiences
with you.

yeah, maybe, could be an advantage, but wandering around boatyards is

quicker,
more informative and you meet more people who actually go out on the water.
Still, you can have coffee in a USPS course as some grey haired old man or
woman in a blue uniform tells you what lights to show at night on a disabled
boat with no anchor in a channel with mist forming. You will also learn how

hit rocks by blinding following a compass heading in a rocky channel in a

fog.
And, of course, how many PFD's you need on board and how to put one on.