JAXAshby

Default Offshore cruiser questions

Wendy, you have more seatime than I thought, but as I recall for a 100 ton
license you need 90 (?), 100 (?) days at sea in last year (?) or two (?) or
three (?). You also have to have it documented (notarized ?) if it is not your
boat. (I checked to see if I qualified for whatever license a bit ago [would
cost me about $500 to take six pack tests/etc, and utterly without value I
found out]. It seems I probably could legimately take the 100 ton tests
without ficitionalizing my experience, but again found that other than driving
a water taxi it didnt seem like I would gain much).

Again, Good Luck.

hey eh dude, she is not qualified for a "Six-Pack" license. Not enough

time.
Besides, a six pack license is as impressive to most sailors as a

Crackjack
ring.

Well, there is three and half more years of floating around in the US Navy.
I'm trying to forget that But the time counts; it and my time on the
90-footer are what qualifies me for the 100-ton ticket (unless they changed
the rules; I left the Caribbean in '96).

Wendy, very good luck to you and fair winds.

You gave very good advice; sincere thanks for taking the time to reply!

Wendy