Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Buy a trawler, cruise a summer, sell it

I have no familiarity with those waters. My understanding is that the
Japanese Current runs right there which is sort of a Gulf Stream but
running to the south. I know when returning from Hawaii you can sail
north from the Pacific high and then sail the current down to California
where I was berthed. Apparently many did that.

The currents inside are determined mainly by TIDES! That said, there
is a more or less permanent current rotating clockwise around Vancouver
Island. All this is why you need a tide/current predictor to travel the
inside or among the thousands of islands. Here is a current chart for
Deception Pass. http://www.dairiki.org/tides/monthly.php/dec
The Japanese current is well offshore where you will never be.
Gordon