Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Boat buying sites

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

"cavelamb" ""cavelamb\"@ X earthlink.net" wrote in message
m...
On 4/9/2010 2:56 AM, Hoges in WA wrote:
Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any
others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc
so you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Not critical, just curious

thanks

Hoges in WA

www.sailingtexas.com

Covers most of the US, and the near islands.

--

Richard Lamb

Sailingtexas is about the most popular I've seen. The free sites like
this have driven boattrader almost out of business here in FL. There used
to be 4-5 seperate books for the state but now we're down to 1 and it's
pretty thin.
I avoid brokers like the plague so I just use Yachtworld for the pretty
pictures.

Why so anti-broker? I thought they were supposed to act ethically etc
etc.
hoges in WA

I've found them to be more interested in getting the sale (from my buying
perspective) rather than actually listening to the requirements of what I
wanted. I tried several in the area, and they were all pretty much the same.
For example, I told one I wanted wheel steering and diesel. He showed me a
tiller/diesel and a wheel/A4. In both cases, his comment was, "well, you can
retrofit." Another example, I told a broker I didn't want to spend more than
$30-$40K, and he immediately wanted to show me boats in the $60K range...
oh, but I could make a lower offer. Uh huh.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com