Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Boat buying sites

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 04:40:33 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

I will certainly be using a surveyor to examine on my behalf.

Should I get a lawyer as well to handle the conveyancing or is this
complicating things?

The vast majority of boat deals close without a lawyer but it never
hurts to review the purchase contract with an attorney and get it
rewritten to your satisfaction.

The key to any good purchase contract is to have an acceptance period
after the survey, usually 1 week, where you can accept, reject, or
renegotiate the price with no obligation other than survey expenses.
It is sometimes necessary to reject the boat (in writing) before the
seller will renegotiate price.