Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default Boat buying sites

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 02:19:36 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

I avoid brokers like the plague so I just use Yachtworld for the pretty
pictures.

Why so anti-broker? I thought they were supposed to act ethically etc
etc.
hoges in WA

Expecting a broker to act in your best interests is mostly wishful
thinking. Just like a real estate broker, they are paid to represent
the seller and maximize the sale price. The other thing to remember
is that they don't get paid unless the deal closes. Having one
broker in on the deal does help to facilitate the negotiation process
however. I once did a deal with two brokers involved and will try to
never do it again.

===

Yes, I didn't expect them to be on my side (same in Oz, with all sorts of
agents including real estate agents). However, they do not get a quid if I
don't buy as you note.

I would just expect that the legals would all be above board etc so that
there was no comeback on them if it was a fiddle.

I will certainly be using a surveyor to examine on my behalf.

Should I get a lawyer as well to handle the conveyancing or is this
complicating things?

Hoges in WA