Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Boat buying sites

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 02:19:36 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

I avoid brokers like the plague so I just use Yachtworld for the pretty
pictures.

Why so anti-broker? I thought they were supposed to act ethically etc etc.
hoges in WA

Expecting a broker to act in your best interests is mostly wishful
thinking. Just like a real estate broker, they are paid to represent
the seller and maximize the sale price. The other thing to remember
is that they don't get paid unless the deal closes. Having one
broker in on the deal does help to facilitate the negotiation process
however. I once did a deal with two brokers involved and will try to
never do it again.