posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
nom=de=plume nom=de=plume is offline

Default Tired of the ICW

"Larry" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
news
nom=de=plume wrote:

wrote in message

Don White wrote:

wrote in message

My 28' sailboat is now in Stuart, Fl after transiting the Okechobee
waterway but I want to get to Bimini and then to the Berry Is. so I
need to get to Miami. However, I am now very tired of the ICW so I
would like to sail down the coast on the outside from Stuart to
Miami. If I stay within 5 miles of land, will I have any problems
with the Gulf Stream pushing me N.?

Wouldn't the charts point this out?
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explor...estongyre.html

He would need real-time information. That wasn't a chart, BTW.

Umm... why? Did sailors of earlier times need real-time information to
make
such a trip? Sure, it'd be nice, but I doubt it's a matter of need.

You are shopping for a tiny sailboat? You should realize your aren't
qualified to comment on every post you read.

You're claiming what I said was inaccurate??? In fact, I asked a question
and instead of actually addressing it, you chose to try (lamely) to put
me
down. I suspect you're not qualified to comment on EVERY post you read
either. I know I'm not, certainly.

You made an assertion about the need for real-time information. Unlike
you, I don't comment if I don't have something to add. I quietly learn
from the on-topic posts. I'm not compelled to ask dumb question and make
uniformed assertions for every post I read.

What? Where did I make an assertion about the need for it. I said, "Did
sailors of earlier times need real-time information to make such a trip?
Sure, it'd be nice, but I doubt it's a matter of need." It seems like a
reasonable question. Do you dispute that? Did sailors of old _need_ this
information? Did Columbus? Did Magellen? You haven't added anything, and
you're attempted put down was what's dumb.

--
Nom=de=Plume