Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Inlets south of St Lucie

On Apr 7, 9:51*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:08:53 -0400, wrote:
The real problem is getting the right weather
window for the crossing so you don't get the stuffing beat out of you,
the crew, and the boat. * People who get it wrong have *many* stories
to tell and none of them are good.

Most of them show un in Bermuda Triangle legends

Oh, I've met a few close to where we live and the wave height
estimates get higher with every telling.

We have run into some "interesting" current driven wave conditions
down here in the Caribbean between the islands. * The wind mostly
blows strong out of the east every day so that is predictable, but the
current depends on the state of the tide, and exactly where you are in
the cut. * Current can be with the wind at the beginning of the
passage and then reverse and swirl around only a short distance away.
Wave heights can be 2 or 3 feet with wind and current in the same
direction, and then within a mile be 6 to 10 feet and breaking. *You
can see it up ahead and mentally brace youself. *The good news is that
the islands are mostly within ten to twenty miles of each other.

Wayne: I regret not being able to take advantage of your offer of
dockage but I passed Cape Coral too early in the afternoon to stop.
"Over analyzing"? Well, isn't that what a physicist/engineer is
supposed to do, it is all fun. I'll probably do the conventional
thing and leave from Lake Worth inlet for West End although the Berry
Islands are still an option.