nom=de=plume nom=de=plume is offline

Default I will pay more in federal income taxes this year than ExxonMobil

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 07/04/2010 10:08 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 01:31:41 -0700, wrote:

Every time you drive up to the pump, you pay more in federal tax for a
single gallon of gasoline (18.4 cents) than ExxonMobil paid in U.S.
income taxes in 2009. That's in spite of the fact that the world's
second largest company had a gross operating profit of nearly $53

Corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do..
If they paid any additional taxes, it would simply show up in the
price of gas, with the profit tacked on.
I understand some people do want to increase taxes on gasoline and
this is a way to do it but understand that is what you would be doing.

Employees do too, especially if the customers are unwilling to pay for the
increased prices of tax in.

Case in point, the market prices your widget at $100. More and they don't
sell. It breaks down as:

50% material costs.
20% calitalization costs.
10% taxes (all types)
14% labour and admin
02% transportation and misc.
04% profit.

Greedy government adds 2% to taxes and customers will not pay more it
becomes:

50% material costs.
20% calitalization costs.
12% taxes (all types)
12.5% labour and admin (10.1% wage decrease or layoffs)
02% transportation and misc.
03.5% profit.

Everyone loses but statism corrupt greedy government.

Same goes for services, tax your doctor or dentist more, their rates will
go up.

--
Liberal-statism is an addiction to other peoples money.

Right. No one is going to pay for gas, esp. to heat their homes. Sure. That
makes sense.

--
Nom=de=Plume