Larry[_13_] Larry[_13_] is offline

Default I will pay more in federal income taxes this year than ExxonMobil

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
news
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 01:31:41 -0700, wrote:

Every time you drive up to the pump, you pay more in federal tax for a
single gallon of gasoline (18.4 cents) than ExxonMobil paid in U.S.
income taxes in 2009. That's in spite of the fact that the world's
second largest company had a gross operating profit of nearly $53

Corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do..
If they paid any additional taxes, it would simply show up in the
price of gas, with the profit tacked on.
I understand some people do want to increase taxes on gasoline and
this is a way to do it but understand that is what you would be doing.

There is a basic problem with how corporations are treated as individuals.
They're not people.

That's an S-corp. Exxon Mobil is a publicly traded C-corp.