hk hk is offline

Default Tired of the ICW

On 4/5/10 11:47 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
"Don wrote in message

wrote in message
My 28' sailboat is now in Stuart, Fl after transiting the Okechobee
waterway but I want to get to Bimini and then to the Berry Is. so I
need to get to Miami. However, I am now very tired of the ICW so I
would like to sail down the coast on the outside from Stuart to
Miami. If I stay within 5 miles of land, will I have any problems
with the Gulf Stream pushing me N.?

Wouldn't the charts point this out?
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explor...estongyre.html

It's amazing what the gov't does for people... oh wait....

It'll be the government that rescues froggy after his clapped-out,
poorly maintained boat falls apart halfway to Bimini.

--
http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym