posted to rec.boats.building
I am Tosk I am Tosk is offline

Default Checking a hull's integrity.

In article ,
says...

In article , I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,

says...
Please excuse my ignorance. Are polyester and epoxy the same thing?
Also, you say 'assuming the hull is polyester', do you mean as opposed
to wood, steel or aluminium?

[snip]

Epoxy and Polyester are different things. Polyester is generally used
for laminating like building your FG boat, Epoxy has more adhesive
properties and is used for types of construction other than laminating.
Epoxy can be used for laminating but it would be expensive and the
process would be tedious.

Rather than go through it all again, look back just about a week for
Tim's thread on the exact same subject. It is full of everything you are
looking for here.

I'm not sure if you meant this thread (which mentioned repairs) or that
long one where there was talk of chemical reactions, catalysts and the
linking of molecules, but I re-read them both and have a better idea
now. I skipped most of the second thread due to it being so far over my
head that I didn't understand, but reading it whole, instead of
piecemeal as people replied back and forth, it makes more sense to me
now.

Thanks for the pointer.

Justin.

Glad I caught the question.. Good luck.