Terry Spragg

Default Cruising with Baby

kim wrote:
Interesting responses - I have some other questions...

I plan to bring my baby on our boat this summer (baby's due in June)
and when I talk to my husband and family about it they are all quite
set on waiting till the following year. I disagree.

My mother claims 'shaken baby syndrome', my husband claims 'just not
safe', on so on & on. What does everyone here recommend for life
jackets (does the head support get in the way when lying in a car
seat?) I plan to use a car seat on board, strapped to the boat - but
it is safe to not strap the baby in the car seat?

Any other suggestions?

Test the baby life jacket in the tub. Make sure it's face end up,
alway. Try some diaper ballast. We used to ferry our Ken out to the
mooring in a canoe. He seemed to enjoy bashing the pots and pans in
the galley under sail just as much as he did at home.