Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Anybody have one of these outboards?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:03:54 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:14:09 -0400, WaIIy wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:55:56 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Anybody have one of these on his sailboat?

http://www.onlineoutboards.com/Tohat...p-MFS6BUL.html

Looks like a good deal. Thinking of buying one myself. Around 60 pounds,
uses only half a gallon of gasoline at full throttle in an hour. Has a 6
amp
alternator, extra long shaft. Looking to replace my old, 100 pound, Honda
9.9 which has a cracked block leaking cooling water and patched with
5200.
Don't trust it anymore. Only need a small engine for when there's little
or
no wind. The rest of the time I sail.

Wilbur Hubbard

This is interesting..

Tohatsu is the maker of all Nissan outboards. They are identical with
the exception of brand label (decals). Nissans are typically slightly
higher in price as a result of the premium branding. There is no
difference in features, specifications, or warranty. The only difference
is the decals.

Does Tohatsu make Nissan and Mercury outboards?
Yes. Tohatsu makes ALL Nissan outboards and Mercury outboards below
40hp. We do not sell Mercury outboards as Tohatsu and Nissan are
considerably less expensive than the Mercury label.

You see them here,occasionally. Either they don't have an aggressive
sales program or they just aren't popular. Probably the most popular
O.B. here is the Mariner.

Bruce, you're clueless as usual. Anything under 40 hp sold by Mariner is a
Tohatsu with different paint and decals. You write such ignorance as you did
immediately below an attribution that explains your ignorance? What are you
smoking, dude?

Wilbur Hubbard

One shouldn't argue with a fool, but....

Nowhere did I say that Mariner engines were or were not made by anyone
other then Mariner.

What I did say was that Mariner is more common brand here.

Apparently you are sadly lacking in English comprehension skills.
Perhaps there are adult education classes that you could attend to
remedy your deficiency.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)