posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] Phantman00@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Peeling fiberglass surface

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:51, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Get a pressure washer if you truly want a clean interior prepped for
painting.
Lew

Phantman00 wrote:
Good idea. Will a spray it yourself carwash that eats quarters work?
I have one of those right around the corner.
Rick

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Wayne.B wrote:
You can probably rent a pressure washer for a half day from a local
tool rental outfit. It should take less than an hour or so, and will
do a much better job than a car wash spray.

Now that you mention it, is the purpose of the pressure washer only to
remove the flaking paint? I was thinking it was to remove the wax
from the surface of the cured resin in preparation for the new finish.
Could be for both I guess. But I'm sure the washer won't remove the
old finish from anything but the seats. The finish on the interior
bottom and sides is very well stuck on there. I plan on just leaving
that the way it is.