posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

Default Paradise Found, aka, The Marina at Marigot Bay, Passarelles, etc.

On Mar 28, 9:47*pm, "mgg" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Mar 28, 12:53 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
Right now we are in a place that I call "Paradise Found", which is
more commonly known as "The Marina at Marigot Bay" in St Lucia. *We
are dock neighbors with a 122 ft Feadship called "Our Toy" among other
nice boats. *Everyone is "Med moored", stern-to-the-dock, which is
common down here. *In our case we either rig a plank off the stern or
back in close enough to make the big step. *That would not do on a
mega yacht of course so they all have these fancy hide-away gang
planks called a Passarelle allowing them to walk off the stern in
style.

http://www.cooneymarine.com/frames.p...sserelles.html

Last night I was sitting on the flybridge before dinner when a good
looking blonde appeared on the deck of the Feadship, strolled to the
stern of the boat, lifted up a recessed panel, pushed a button, and
the Passarelle magically lifted itself high into the air, like raising
the drawbridge over a castle moat. * Very cool indeed. * The rich are
in fact just like us but they do have more money and more toys.

http://marigotbay.com/themarina/

Here's what's next to you, Wayne.

http://www.yachttrails.com/yachtspec...toy--1483.html

10.5 thousand gallons of fuel... holy crap. 40-50 grand just to "fill her
up." How does a boat like that get fueled? Off shore by a tanker?? lol

--Mike- Hide quoted text -

I was watching a deal on the Queen Elizebeth II and they were fueling
the thing up.

There was a massive and I do me MASSIVE hose craned over to it, and
people were watching the meter on the pump as it clicked off like you
would a the older gas pumps with the numbers rolling away and at a
pretty good clip. 146...147...148... etc.

The the commentator said. "Those arn't gallons, those are tons..."