Dick

Default Cruising with Baby

What does everyone here recommend for life
jackets (does the head support get in the way when lying in a car
seat?) I plan to use a car seat on board, strapped to the boat - but
it is safe to not strap the baby in the car seat?

As a baby my daughter was always a sleep while underway. We left her asleep in
the dinnet with the table down and a net across the front that I made. It was
her play area when she was awake. When she got older she would stay awake
(about two). She would then sit in a car seat that we strapped to the front of
the pedestal in the cockpit. We did not strap her in the seat. For a lifejacket
you need one that will support the head with a float in the back of the head
and straps between the legs. A small kid can fall out the bottom of the jacket
without the straps. When your kid gets old enough, let your kid pick out the
jacket. They have to want to wear it.

Dick