posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] Phantman00@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Peeling fiberglass surface

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:27:38 +0700, bruceinbangkok wrote:
In one picture, the intersection of seat front and the bottom of the
boat there is a small area that looks like a section of whatever,

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:11:11 -0500, Phantman00 wrote:
I just now sponged that area clean and will take another photo in an
hour or two when the sun is higher and isn't casting a shadow on half the shot.

Okay, three more shots posted. Two from different angles with the dirt
wiped off. Port side is still shadowed but not by much. And the
third shot is of some flakes. The three smaller ones on top are boat
flakes, two frontside and one backside. The larger flake on the bottom
is house paint.
http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/a...0Seas%20Skiff/
I know my photo skills aren't great and it's not much to go on. But
I'm looking directly at these flakes and I can't tell what's paint and
what's gel coat (if any).
Anyhow, I appreciate the replies.
Rick