Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Useful gadgets

On 25 Jan 2004 12:56:55 -0800, (Parallax)
wrote:

In fog, or at least when I see it coming, I take a quick bearing so I
know where I am, note my course and get out of the channel if any and
put up the radar reflector. I rarely see other traffic where I sail
but in fog I sound the horn and sit it out, sometimes for hours. I
still think Radar is just an expensive gadget for a small (28')
sailboat.

We used to do that also (three or more bearings if possible) on a 30
ft boat. But, having learned ot use it, I have a different opinion.
You haven't said where you sail.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Wanting to meet a writer because you like his work is like wanting to meet a duck because you like pate."
Margaret Atwood