Evan Gatehouse

Default Cruising with Baby

"Keith" wrote in message
Most people around here who have a boat, then a baby, see the boat maybe
once or twice over the next year or two before they sell it. YMMV.

Keith

Hmmm, our daughter lived aboard until she was 1 year old and went sailing a
fair bit with us. We only moved ashore because we were moving to another
coast.

Last summer we were back aboard a San Juan 24 for lots of daysailing and a
week's summer cruise while she was 2. It just depends on your priorities
and what you enjoy. Kids are remarkably adaptable, if you give them 1/2 a
chance.

Lots of dedicated boat toys is my main suggestion (things that they have
never seen before). Set up the boat for singlehanding once they get into
crawling/walking so that one person can take care of kid and one can handle
the boat.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)