[email protected] jpjccd@psbnewton.com is offline

Default Conservative Comment on Passage of...

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:22:00 -0400, hk
wrote:

On 3/22/10 10:12 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:33:46 -0400,
wrote:

We followed the most radical voices in the party and the movement,
and they led us to abject and irreversible defeat.

Even if it were true that the "we" followed the most radical voices,
would a few Republican votes for the health-care legislation have
reversed the defeat?

Had the Republicans actually been engaged in a process to improve health
care insurance and health care reform, there might have been a truly
bipartisan bill and a lot less rancor. The GOP paid lip service to
reform, but the reality is, the GOP leadership is doing everything it
can to obstruct and to make sure it does what it can to stymie Obama.

Is that a problem if the GOP and its respective constituency consider
the bill to be an Über-Leviathon? I personally consider an aspect of
it to be an infringement of my personal liberty. Too, I've read of
several GOP submissions for health-care reform.