DJ

Default Evinrude Model Year?

"Ken Tanaka" wrote in message
Can anyone tell what year are these o/b motors by their model numbers?
Nothing on the motor shows the year manufactured.

Evinrude 88hp: E88MSLCER

Evinrude 15hp: E15RLENM

According to NADAguides.com, the 15hp "E15RLEN" is a 1992 model.

Ken Tanaka
Pearl City, HI

OMC uses a code involving the word "introduces". Each letter of introduces
corresponds to a number (I=1; N=2 .... E=9; S=0). Plug that into the last
two characters of the s/n and you'll have year. For your 15, there is an
"M" after the EN. I don't know what that stands for, but it's not part of
the year number - maybe "manual" (vs. electric)? I don't know.

DJ.