Charles T. Low

Default Testing Betteries

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Load testers are good for starting batteries but don't really tell much

for a deep cycle battery.
Doug - s/v Callista

====

Doug,

Any idea why is this?

Is it possible to have good sg and still fail a load test? I.e., is a load
test more sensitive than sg? (I presume that sg is more specific than
measuring voltage?) Does it go like that, in terms of accuracy?:

voltage
specific gravity
load testing???

Will an appliance such as a commerically bought load tester be more or less
accurate than doing a long, slow test oneself, such as by leaving lights on?

(And, one other poster mentioned testing down to 50% charge as more
convenient than testing to 0% charge - isn't it also true that testing to 0%
charge will ruin the battery?)

Charles

(So many questions, such limited memory capacity...)

====

Charles T. Low
- remove "UN"
www.boatdocking.com