posted to rec.boats.building,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

No longer talking boats so I've crossposted and set follow-ups
accordingly.

On Mar 20, 12:17*pm, I am Tosk
wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Mar 16, 7:46*pm, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,

Did you ever say what it is you are trying to make?

I'm looking at materials and techniques that would be useful for a
homebuilt glider.

Sounds like a blast. Are you starting from some plans or are you designing from
scratch? I may have missed it before but what materials are you going to use
for stringers and fabric?

Designing pretty much from scratch. My inspiration is Mike Sandlin's
airchairs. But also check out the ULF - 1.

As for materials -- that's what I'm exploring now. At preset I favor
dacron fabric covered riveted aluminum frame for the fuselage (Like
the
Texas Parasol) and fabric covered composite wings like the UL SkyPup,
substituting carbon fiber tapes and rod for the spar and rib caps.

I suppose if I wind up cobbling something together from diverse
sources
I should call it the Frankenglider.

--

FF