posted to rec.boats.building,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

No longer relevant to boat building so I've crossposted and set follow-
ups.
Thanks, r.b.b. guys!

On Mar 19, 8:55*pm, cavelamb wrote:
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

On Mar 19, 3:53 pm, cavelamb wrote:
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

I'm looking at materials and techniques that would be useful for a
homebuilt glider.

I thought you have a set of Texas Parasol plans, Fred.
Light and cheap techniques there.

Yes *I do and have found no better (where 'better' is defined
in terms of strong, light, fast, and not too expensive) way
to make a fuselage.

I think with composites I can make a lighter wing, considering
that a glider wing will be longer, thinner and have a shorter
chord than the TP wing.

--

FF

The traditional primaries were quite heavy.

Think aluminum angle primary glider type fuselage and take the wing and tail
from the Texas Parasol.

The whole mess wouldn't weight 100 pounds.

Cool! It needs to be under 150 to qualify as a FAR 103 UL glider.

How much does one TP wing weigh? How much does the
whole plane weigh, sans engine?

A 12' SkyPup wing with a 52" chord and weighs about 26 pounds,
but that has no drag spar or ailerons. The whole Pup weighs 205
lbs.

--

FF