posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Questions on UV curing polyester resins.

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
On Mar 19, 3:53 pm, cavelamb wrote:
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

On Mar 16, 7:46 pm, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
Did you ever say what it is you are trying to make?
I'm looking at materials and techniques that would be useful for a
homebuilt glider.

I thought you have a set of Texas Parasol plans, Fred.
Light and cheap techniques there.

Yes I do and have found no better (where 'better' is defined
in terms of strong, light, fast, and not too expensive) way
to make a fuselage.

I think with composites I can make a lighter wing, considering
that a glider wing will be longer, thinner and have a shorter
chord than the TP wing.

--

FF

The traditional primaries were quite heavy.

Think aluminum angle primary glider type fuselage and take the wing and tail
from the Texas Parasol.

The whole mess wouldn't weight 100 pounds.

--

Richard Lamb