posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gem Gem is offline

Default 12v IP rated laptop repeater screen stuff

Hi from bonny Scotland

Anyone looked at connecting up a 12v lcd screen or equivalent to their
laptop /pc? I was looking at a chart plotter but the cost of one with
the functionality and screen size I want is pretty large and since I
already have a laptop with expensive digital charts and ais etc., etc.
on it and "only" require a repeat of functions to the cockpit. This is
mainly to avoid having to clamber below and back at critical piloting
points. The laptop is not marinised.

Looking at approx 12 inch screen eg:
http://www.vartechsystems.com/produc...s/VT121XAF.asp

Any ideas / alternative notions?