posted to alt.great-lakes,rec.boats,misc.rural
HK[_6_] HK[_6_] is offline

Default Q&A: Michigan Attorney General Talks about Asian Carp

On 3/8/10 9:07 PM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 8, 7:51 pm, wrote:
On 3/8/10 8:43 PM, lil abner wrote:

http://www.circleofblue.org/waternew...higan-attorney...

Surely there is a way to turn carp into a delicacy and have it fished to
extinction.

The Indians proved fish was good crop fertilizer, so

cat food and ag. and garden fertilizer gets my vote.

I agree to that. When we lived in Florida, I used to bury parts of the
fish we didn't eat in unused sections of my wife's garden. The stuff
turned itself into soil pretty quickly. By the time the next growing
season arrived (three to six months), the flowers or whatever we planted
in the recently fertilized areas were terrific performers. I chalked it
up to the fish fertilizer.