Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Ping Wilbur S Bahamas

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 07:04:45 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Likewise, other than some limited protection,
Thompson Bay ("Salt Pond") in Long Island, and a great opportunity for me to
get out and scrub the bottom (at low tide, lightly aground in some places,
lets me stand on the bottom to get some leverage while I wield my brush).
However, everything we hear here suggests that LI is well worth visiting.
Our draft suggests the only opportunity being Thompson (?)...

We liked Thompson Bay - good protection from the prevailing
easterlies, a good dinghy dock, and a store within walking distance.

The Thompson Bay Inn is recently reopened. Land your dinghy on the
beach near the markers and follow the trail up to the road. The decor
is nothing to write home about, but the food and wifi internet was
good. We met some other folks there who were also out cruising and
ended up sharing a table with them at dinner and a lot of good
stories.

We exited south through Comer Channel and never saw less than about 6
ft or so at mid tide.