posted to rec.boats.building
I am Tosk[_3_] I am Tosk[_3_] is offline

Default Glue thickness?

In article ,
says...

Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
I am building a new hatch lid from two 4mm ( ~1/6"") sheets of marine
ply. Reinformcement structures will follow. My question here is: How
much glue (epoxy resin plus cotton fibres as thickener) is the
optimum? My felt guess is 0.1 to 0.2 mm, i.e. ~1/240 to 1/120". Less
is hardly possible, more? The curvature is about 15 mm elevation in
the middle of a width of 600 mm.

Cheers, and TIA,

U.

if you clamp too tightly you will squeeze the epoxy out and the joint
will fail.
paul - progressive epoxy polymers inc.

Well, if you listen to the Old School guy I used to work with he would say, you
don't goo wood to wood. Put a layer of cloth in there and use the epoxy to fill
the glass...

Scotty

--
Can I haz Cheezeburger?