Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for a usenet group that talks about boats.

On Mar 4, 6:40*pm, Tim wrote:
On Mar 4, 5:33*pm, Popeye wrote:

On 3/4/2010 4:41 PM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 3, 6:14 pm, *wrote:
I need to contact my net admin, this one must be
alt.politics.flamewar....

If you know of a newsgroup where any of this strikes a chord, let me
know.

Keep the discussions coming.

I used to have a 1964 Chris Craft Cavalier 27 ft'r. It was a blast but
I couldn't keep up with the hull rot. It died a Gilligans Island death
in the back lot of my folks farm. But it had the 283 'corvette' engine
and the exhaust was about 6 feet apart. listening to that thing throb
while running about 2800 RPM was music, especially if you were sitting
right center of the back seat and heard the pipes in stereo.

A boating post!
Did you save anything, like the 'vette engine?

Once or twice a week I take a look-see here. What's with all the posters
posting as other posters? Seems juvenile.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, you saw it. "Vette" engine.

From my understanding, in the early 60's the 283 engine put in
corvettes was marinized and used by Chris Craft because the block was
a 4-bolt main. and assembly was better crafted for consistant high rpm
use, but I can't verify that.- Hide quoted text -

I can't verify or deny your post, but I can tell you this...

While in college, I had a friend who had a 1967 Camaro. It was a bit
rough, but it had a 283 with a powerslide (powerglide) 2 speed
transmission. I have been with him on more than one occasion when he
shifted into 1st, then wound it up until the valves were floating and
held it there for 10-15 seconds. He's finally shift it into drive
(2nd), and after it slid into gear and the RPMs settled, he'd look at
me and say "See? You can't blow this thing up!".

Those things seemed indestructable.