Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for a usenet group that talks about boats.

On Mar 3, 7:14*pm, Amigoid wrote:
I need to contact my net admin, this one must be
alt.politics.flamewar....

OBPost: *My Dad owned a Chris Craft cabin cruiser. *32' sleeps 6, had
a head, *2 chrysler watercooled engines, and a generator. *He put in a
water presurization system since we all hated hand pumping water from
the tank.
I know the Chris Craft Constellation was a simular boat that had a
plywood hull, but this one had wood planks in the hull. *No flying
bridge, just the cabin below, and the two chairs for the pilot and
passenger. *I'd be curious to learn what model it was (we owned it in
the 70's and it was not new then). *He loved that boat. Nora Lee IV.
It was docked on Grand Lake in Oklahoma, just east of the Grand River
Dam. *We'd watch the Cherokee Queen (a replica paddleboat) pull out on
evening party cruises from the west end of the Dam. *He went out every
weekend, even weekends in the winter when the lake was frozen. *He'd
just relax in the cabin, with shore power and water plugged in, and
watch sports on his portable color TV and cook snacks in the little
Litton Microwave, pulling Coors beer from the partly melted block of
ice they'd sunk into.
The weekend of his anniversary, their 17th, it was a cold January, and
he'd been running the engines some to keep things lubed and smooth.
He went down into the cabin and fell asleep.

He later died that Sunday, of carbon monoxide poisoning.

His ashes, along with his mothers, are scattered over a spot further
up the lake we used to refer to as Green Beacon Shallows. *(its not
called that on any map, but if you anchored out there, you'd spot the
beacon somewhere on the eastern shore, perhaps a private airport
beacon, who knows.). *Our best summers were spent on that lake,
anchored out, using a small old fiberglass ski boat as a water taxi,
with its evenrude outboard and two 5 gallon tanks. * This last fall my
Mom died of alzheimers, and my brother will try to find Green Beacon
shallows again to scatter Mom's ashes, and Grandpa's too. * Mine will
probably go in the pacific somewhere near San Diego, my Navy days and
love of the seagoing adventures I had on the USS Leftwich make that
the spot for my wife and I.

I can still close my eyes and listen to the thrum of those twin
engines as Dad let me drive on Friday evenings at sunset... Kansas
City Royals baseball playing on a portable radio, as Dad leaned back
and smoked his pipe.

If you know of a newsgroup where any of this strikes a chord, let me
know.

Thanks for the post. There are a few of us here that enjoy boats and
boating... you've already seen a few of them reply to your post.
Stick around!