Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default She's in the money

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:03:05 -0800, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Larry wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in news:zP-dncsy_
reasolutions:

"Larry" wrote in message
Joe wrote in news:79711f1e-f9e8-4e35-bd25-
:

It's bad JuJu to count your eggs at sea.

Joe

Talking about money, wouldn't that be bad JewJew?

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

Larry, your racism really has no place here or anywhere.

Why isn't anyone allowed to make a JOKE with the word JEW in it?

Am I supposed to feel guilty? I don't.

If I make a joke about Baptists, noone complains. Why only Jews?

A derogatory joke about Jews is racist, a derogatory joke about Baptists
is not racist. Pretty simple. If you were consistently derisive about
any other race, like Africans or Asians, you'd be getting the same
grief, maybe more.

Stephen

I suggest that your statement is incorrect. Do some research on the
type of jokes told in the Catskill resorts, commonly known as the
Borsch Belt. Or read up on current Israeli humor. You will find that
the jokes are far more vicious then the rather innocuous remarks made
by Larry.

And, if you think that a joke about Baptists can't be derogatory have
a look at N. Irish humor, or even British, for that matter who not
only differentiate between "church" and "chapel" but also proper
schools and "red brick universities".

And is you want to hear really vicious ethnic humor listen to the
Chinese, if you want to talk about Asians.

In fact I have never been anywhere that the "people" didn't talk about
the "other people". I don't know that condemning something that
appears to be universal is entirely logical.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I think there's a big difference between Borsch Belt humor and the many
racist comments Larry's made over the last, say, year. Perhaps you missed
them. I think Stephen recalls them, which was why he commented. I certainly
do. I called Larry on them then, and I do now.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com