Rosalie B.

Default 5th Florida Trip Report (much shorter, this time)

x-no-archive:yes

"Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Hi, Doug,

"DSK" wrote in message
Skip Gundlach wrote:

Well, really, this is more of a preview than a report...
....(snip for brevity)
..... This offer was accepted. ....We included several conditions:

It never ceases to amaze me the types of games people will play for money.

No kidding. However, in this case, the lawyer screwed up, and faxed a
signed copy of the deal to my broker. However, the listing broker had
received an addendum which basically rewrote the selling broker's contract
(looking to bill the estate more??), but also halving the difference between
our offer and his counter. My broker's position is that we have a signed
copy of our counter, and demanded assurance from the lister that this would
not be an issue, which assurance he received.

In our case, the broker took our signed offer and faxed it to the
owner in Hawaii. The owner counteroffered from Hawaii. The broker
took our acceptance of the counter offer over the phone and then wrote
it up (with totally unsuitable dates - he had the closing on the 4th
of July), But he then took the last page of the previous offer with
our signatures and attached it to the new paperwork and sent/faxed it
to the owner who then countersigned it. We never saw it until we
asked and he then mailed it to us (to the wrong address, but it did
get to us eventually).

We were unhappy at this way of doing business. In our case, the boat
passed the survey and everything turned out OK, but Bob complained to
the agency the broker worked for.

We're quite prepared to walk, though it would absolutely break Lydia's
heart, if it became an issue. Absent an included addendum, however, my
broker's position is that we have an accepted offer without same, and that
seems acceptable to the seller, particularly since it was his error.

However, I remain on my guard :{/)

L8R

Skip and Lydia, by proxy

grandma Rosalie