Jim

Default PoliGlow

Silicone?

wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:40:54 -0500, "Wim" wrote:

At the Toronto Boat Show, 17 Jan, I found the following "new product" and
reasonable in cost!
PoliGlow gives "old fiberglass" again the new "wet look". It's not a wax.
PoliGlow according to their brochure rates #1 with Practical Sailor and
Powerboat Reports.
It was first produced in Miami, FL in 1991.
www.poliglow.ca
Any comments and/or experiences from the real world?

My 1986 boat has had poliglow on it for 5 years. Annual maintenance
consists of washing the boat, and wiping on two more coats of the
product with the applicator to replace what has worn away. It takes me
about 4 hours from start to finish. My boat is one of the shiniest in
my marina, and it looks just as good in the fall when I haul it, as it
did in the spring when I launced it.

The first time you apply it, there is more work involved, but even
that is no more work than the usual compounding and waxing routine.

BB