Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Tall Ship Concordia sunk of coast of Brazil

On Feb 22, 12:42*am, "Tom Dacon" wrote:

Two ships that I happen to know of:

Neither of those was a microburst. I was up to my eyebrows in the POB
event. The captain send down right after the event to deal with
things and find out what happened called me from the airport before he
even spoke to the board to get some insights on the stability angle to
assist his briefing. I later spoke to the man who discovered
microbursts and gave them their name. He assured me that there were
no conditions out there at the time that could have caused one
although there was unstable weather that could create sudden increases
in wind. I have the full stability history on the vessel in my files.

The "Albatross" didn't need a microburst to sink her. See above and
read "Tall Ships Down". She is one of those ships that it is amazing
that it got as far as it did before capsizing. I have the complete
set of Dutch construction plans, and complete plans for the
conversion, including a very competently performed stability test, to
base this opinion on. She was the best documented vessel we were able
to get data on for the ASTA / USCG study that was used to develop the
SSV stability regulations.

--
Roger Long