Steve

Default folding boarding ladder

This type of ladder has been around for many years, both east and west
coast. I see them ocasionally at swap meets and on eBay.. A good used one
will sell for around $100-$200 and still require refinishing or minor
repairs.

So exspensive is relative to the quality of the steps.

Many or the used unit I've seen appear to be made to fit by a boat owner or
custom built to fit the hull contour.. The attachment hardware and hinges
are available in several catalogs for this purpose.. You might consider
building one your self. (until you discover the price of Teak)..

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions