posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Nitefall Nitefall is offline

Default Full-rigged ship Pruth (with seven yards)

On 2008-07-15 03:22:29 -0700, CJB said:

In Russell Northland New Zealand there is a model of an amazing ship -
the Pruth. The three each had SEVEN yards. What are the yards called?
I have 1/ course, 2/ lower topsail, 3/ upper topsail, 4/ royal, 5/
t'gallant, .... but what were nos. 6 and 7?

Some ships had split t'gallants and split royals, so that is a possibility.

I believe that a mast above the royal mast would be called the sky
mast, making the next sail up the sky'sl, and I have heard of a
moonraker (not just James Bond .)

So... there are some possibilities. It would depend on what masts the
yards for the sails were on.