[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Cruising is... Nov 14, '09-Feb 14,'10, Part IV

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:24:07 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

On Feb 21, 5:47*am, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:45:04 -0400, Wayne.B

wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:07:24 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Ive had a CF29 for four years. I dont agree with your opinion.

And I'm typing on a CF48 right now which I bought used 3 or 4 years
ago for about $400. *It is just about indestructible having survived
several 3 foot drops, a lot of slamming around, and numerous salt
spray incidents. *Screen brightness is better than average and it dims
down nicely for use at night. *You can pick them up used at good
prices and they make great navigation computers.

I've been using a retired police CF29 for several years. I leave it
outside in all sorts of weather with no trouble. The only mantenance
it requires is that you dump a cup of coffee on the ekeyboard
occasionally to rinse it off. My wife has been caught standing on it
to reach things.

Ya, i bought mine used for about $525. Has worked flawlessly. it spent
3 of it years as a liveaboard then moved for a year schleping between
every airport betwen MSY and PDX plus life on a skanky oilfield
anchorboat. I do have one question...... Needless to say several slips
off a desk,

At the time the most RAM I could get to fit in my CF29 was 1mb. Do you
know if any more RAM can be shoved in that sweet little 4 screw water
tight hatch on back side? Or is 1mb still the max for a CF29?

Bob

I'm not sure it can even use a full gig of RAM. I run XP on mine, but
it's really from the age of win 98 as far as speed and other specs.