Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Tall Ship Concordia sunk of coast of Brazil

On Feb 21, 1:25*pm, Bob wrote:

White Squall
See the movie
bob

You would suggest a Hollywood movie as having anything credible to
contribute to this question?

You never cease to amaze me Bob.

Reading this about the subject of the movie would be more useful:

http://books.google.com/books?id=XHR...um=2&ct=result

Sorry, long link. Hope it works. You may have to cut and paste. If
it doesn't work, look for the "Read About it Here" link on this page:

http://www.rogerlongboats.com/Stability.htm

The "Albatross" had just about the same stability characteristics as
the "Marques". In the big study I did for ASTA and the Coast Guard,
all the vessels we could get data on that hadn't capsized plotted in a
group up in the top right hand corner of the graphs. "Albatross",
"Marques", and another vessel that had also capsized were down in a
group in the lower left with lots of white space in between. There
were no other vessels down there that had not capsized. It didn't
take a microburst in those cases. When sailing at a normal heel angle
with the deckedge about at the waterline, the "Marques" only needed a
22% increase in wind speed to capsize her. "Albatross" was about the
same.

--
Roger Long