Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Toughbooks and other indesctructibles (was) Cruising is... Nov 14, '09-Feb 14,'10, Part IV

"Bob" wrote in message
On Feb 21, 5:47 am, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:45:04 -0400, Wayne.B

wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:07:24 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Ive had a CF29 for four years. I dont agree with your opinion.

And I'm typing on a CF48 right now which I bought used 3 or 4 years
ago for about $400. It is just about indestructible having survived
several 3 foot drops, a lot of slamming around, and numerous salt
spray incidents. Screen brightness is better than average and it dims
down nicely for use at night. You can pick them up used at good
prices and they make great navigation computers.

I've been using a retired police CF29 for several years. I leave it
outside in all sorts of weather with no trouble. The only mantenance
it requires is that you dump a cup of coffee on the ekeyboard
occasionally to rinse it off. My wife has been caught standing on it
to reach things.

Ya, i bought mine used for about $525. Has worked flawlessly. it spent
3 of it years as a liveaboard then moved for a year schleping between
every airport betwen MSY and PDX plus life on a skanky oilfield
anchorboat. I do have one question...... Needless to say several slips
off a desk,

At the time the most RAM I could get to fit in my CF29 was 1mb. Do you
know if any more RAM can be shoved in that sweet little 4 screw water
tight hatch on back side? Or is 1mb still the max for a CF29?

Bob

So, what's all this bull**** about getting facts right???

:{))

I know that makes you feel good about me :{))

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)