Jeff Morris

Default Maptech digital charts

"spdevel" wrote in message
Oh please! A 36' catamaran?

Too much boat for you, I guess!

Yeah, like you're an MVP for digital charts
too...all you sailors like to talk the talk but don't know **** about what's
real.

Actually I have Maptech Charts for the East Coast and Capn, Ozi, etc. The
computer is all wired up to drive the boat. However, I hardly every use it.
Having worked with PCs and Minis for 30 years, I appreciate their weaknesses too
much to rely on them. I usually have a paper chart at my side.

However, I do enjoy watching stinkpots run up on sandbars, swearing they were
following the magenta line on the chart. Great entertainment!

It doesn't even look like you get out much Jeff.

You're right. Being based in Boston can be a pain. I've only logged 8000 miles
in about 500 days on the water in the last 4 years.

Too busy making
wise cracks on newgroups?

I thought that was your job. Frankly, I was serious - I haven't been following
digital charts that closely for the last few years so I didn't know much about
SoftChart.

Maybe you should go back to Lotus...

I'm quite happy in retirement. Besides, the old Lotus doesn't exist anymore.