John Herring John Herring is offline

Default My Hero

On Feb 18, 12:05*pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
"John Herring" wrote in message

WASHINGTON -- One of the early speakers at Thursday's annual
Conservative Political Action Conference kickoff didn't waste much
time before launching a personal attack on President Barack Obama.

"It's always a delight to participate in CPAC," began Young America's
Foundation spokesman Jason Mattera. "This is like our Woodstock.
Except unlike the left's gathering, our women are beautiful, we speak
in complete sentences, and our notion of freedom doesn't consist of
snorting cocaine."

Leaving no doubt who he was referring to, Mattera added, "Which is
certainly one thing that separates us from Barack Obama.

The Huffington Post's Sam Stein described the audience's reaction:
"There were some cheers from the crowd. But mostly uncomfortable
'ooohs.' Mattera clearly enjoyed the role of bomb-thrower, unwilling
to let up on his provocative rhetoric."

Mattera continued, "On the cocaine front, I do believe many young
people in America viewed Barack in the same fashion as they do drugs.
It was a substance to experiment with. But like most narcotics, the
hangover afterward has them thinking, 'what the hell did I just do?'"

The crowd erupted in applause and more cheers, and Mattera said Obama
is giving conservatives an opportunity to win over the youth, which he
said is perceived as "the left's stronghold."

Mattera even took a swipe at Obama Girl -- who famously sang about her
"crush" on the president during the 2008 campaign -- calling her
"slutty" and saying she's over her crush.

He plugged his upcoming book "Obama Zombies: How the Obama Machine
Brainwashed My Generation," which will be released next month.

While this might be true and shocking, I really find it juvenile to spoof
people's identities. Pick an id and stick to it. Doing what you're doing is
just contributing to the childishness.

--
Nom=de=Plume- Hide quoted text -

Good point D'Plume but I've got an aneurysm and can't possibly act
like an adult. My head might burst.